We hosted a Panoz Owners & Friends Reception on the eve of the inaugural Atlanta Concours d’Elegance at Château Élan Winery & Resort. We had two simple goals: provide our guests with a special and personal Panoz experience, and honor our sports car and motorsports founders, Dan and Don Panoz.
The Friday evening soiree featured fine food and spirits, our Panoz racing collection, Panoz employee “ambassadors, ” and past and current Panoz sports cars including the recently unveiled 2017 Panoz Avezzano.
The highlight was John A. Leverett introducing both Dan and Don with heartfelt warmth, then hearing both reminisce about the early Panoz sports car development days and the birth of Panoz Motor Sports group. Great stories, some good laughs, and plenty of cheer!
Thanks to all who joined us for this special evening.
Pictures left to right going down:
- Don chatting with Stanley and Stan Morel. Stan’s 2003 Esperante won Best in Class at the 2016 Atlanta Concours d’Elegance.
- 2006 Esperante owners Tony and Kathy Mackevicius.
- Dr. Max Katz owns a pair of Esperante sports cars. Thnking about the Avezzano?
- AIV Roadster owner Adam Blatt finally getting to meet Dr. P.
- Todd Sherman, son of AIV Roadster owner Dan Sherman, checking out the collection.
- Don and Sports Car Market Editor and Publisher Keith Martin checking out the GTR-1. Keith was the honorary head judge at the 2016 Atlanta Concours d’Elegance.
- Dr. P with Martha and Don Ondrejcak. Don is a regular on the race track in his 2004 Penske Esperante GTS.
- AIV Roadster owners Heath Davidson (left) and Jerry Silvio with Director of Product Planning and Engineering John M. Leverett.